These are several ways you can protect your property that we recommend:
- Learning the safer and riskier zones on your property.
- Keeping your lawn mower at the appropriate height. This will reduce the ability of the tick to wait for a host.
- Removing all leaf debris and keeping plant beds clean and dry.
- Keeping shrubs and bushes pruned and away from pathways.
- Keeping ground covers to a minimum, as ticks like to hide there.
- Avoiding shady areas.
- Creating a natural barrier around your property using gravel or wood chips.
- Keeping your pets from wooded areas or wandering into wooded areas.
- Installing a deer fence.